Friday, August 9, 2013

Blue Sympathy

Happy Weekend!

I am addicted to Pinterest & craft blogs!!  Thought I would start with a little confession first. :P   I can't believe the amount of HOURS I spend on those sites.  But in my defense, they are addicting & they just hypnotize you.  :)   Ok, maybe not hypnotize but they sure captivate my attention.  And I continue to be amazed at the creativity & techniques that crafters use.  I tend to stick to stamps, patterned paper, & ribbon.  At times I also use my sewing machine.   

So I decided to experiment with other techniques and I have to say that I was frustrated at times & giddy at others.  I'm trying to figure out how to "age" paper without using coffee, tea, or others items that destroy the archival-quality of the paper.  I welcome any ideas you may have.

Another new technique I tried is watercolor.  I added some watercolor to watercolor paper & after it dried, I embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I was trying to create an ombre effect with the watercolor.  And of course, I added ribbon & a stamp sentiment. 


There you have it- my first card with watercolor.  I would love to hear about your favorite technique(s).

Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment