Monday, September 30, 2013

Snowman & Fiji

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend.  My weekend was a bit relaxing and a bit of a bummer.  Have you ever poured out your best into something and then been told that it's not good enough??  OUCH.  Yeah, me too.  I've had some high hopes this month, but after that news I feel like I NEVER want to try again...  Ok, I'm done licking my wounds. :-P  

When I first started paper crafting, I began with scrapbooking.  And then I found card making and haven't been scrapping much AT ALL.  But I decided that I really, really need to get my boxes (that's right- BOXES) of pictures onto layouts.  So today I will be sharing a layout and a card.

First, the card.  This card was all made with a stamp set from Recollections.  We RARELY get snow here, but I feel like playing with this snowman.  :)



(Supplies: Recollections stamp set, black and white ink- Color Box, sponge dauber, red glitter glue- Martha Stewart)

And now the layout.  I was so fortunate to go to Fiji and visit my friend.  These pictures don't do justice to the magnificent beauty of Fiji.  The water goes from a light turquoise to a dark turquoise.  And the landscape is sooooo green and lush.


 
Wish I was on that hammock right now!


I traced a die-cut of a shell, cut it, and added my journaling on it.  There's more on the inside.



We went snorkeling and island hopping on a day cruise and the Captain (my friend's husband) allowed me to steer the schooner for a bit.  :)


(Supplies: Bazzill Basics Paper, sequins, shell die-cuts, camera & sentiment stamps- Heidi Swapp, washi tape, alphabet stickers, ocean foil kit, K & Company stickers, Palm Tree brad- Recollections)

Viewing these pictures has chased my blues away. :)  And some day, God willing, I shall return to Fiji along with my husband... And by the way, regarding the bummer news, I'm not quitting.  I shall try and try again and again until I succeed. 

Well, time for me to get cooking or exercising.  :)  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I welcome your company.  :)

Happy Crafting,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment