Thursday, May 1, 2014

Earthly Angels

Hola Everyone!

Today I am popping in to share my project for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges.  It's a Mother's Day challenge.  Create a project that uses the word "mother" in your native language.  Yes, I should have used "mama."  :/  My original title was going to be "Mothers are Earthly Angels in Disguise" but had to reduce it due to limited space.

I created a layout using pictures of my mom when she was younger.  The original pictures are teeny-tiny and one was torn, so I did my best to edit, correct, & resize the pictures for my layout.

Let's begin with some detail pictures:
See that tiny vial?  I added "wishes" that I want for her life, such as peace, health, & joy.

I used alphabet stamps & stickers to create the title.


Hidden journaling.

The word strips on the sides are some of her characteristics. 
(Supplies: cardstock, pattern paper- from my stash, ribbon- Celebrate It, embossing paste, flowers- Recollections, stencil- Prima, butterfly stamp- Recollections, Perfect Pearls in Sour Apple- Ranger, cork vial- Tim Holtz, charm- Charmalong, stickers- from my stash, alphabet stamp- Hampton Art, "Beauty" stamp- Unity Stamp Co., tag, typewriter) 

So what will you create for this challenge?  Go get crafty, link up here, and check out my teammates and guest bloggers projects while you're there. :D

I would also like to add this project to the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff- flowers
Avenue 613- Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by. :D

Happy Crafting,
Angie

4 comments:

  1. Such and endearing layout, Angie. Love the monochromatic colouring and the precious wording on the pull-out tag.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout. I love the hidden journalling and the little vial....the small things that really make it personal. Thanks for sharing this with us for our flower challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Fantastic detail! I would love for you to check out my blog. I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Café. Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Angie, love all the detail, embellishments and your hidden Tag.
    Thank you for your lovely DT creation.
    Hugs
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete