Monday, August 12, 2013

Tags & Watercolor

Howdy Folks!

Well, I mentioned in my previous post that I am experimenting with watercolors.  So today I have another card using watercolors.  Now, I will confess that I am not an artist.  I inherited my father's drawing abilities (He's great with stick figures.  Sorry dad).  :-)  It's kind of sad when I'm illustrating a concept for my students & they end up more confused!  :-P  (I guess I should have taken the art class instead of drama.)...

For this card, I traced a die-cut of a butterfly.  Then I painted it with a turquoise watercolor. After it dried, I cut it out & added some glitter glue, which I like, but I also discovered that the glue actually makes the watercolor fade!!!  Guess I won't be doing that again!  Then I stamped 3 flowers & colored them in with watercolor pencils.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.



For those of you who are Moxie Fab World followers, you know that Cath has several challenges going on.  One of the challenges is holiday gift tags.  So I created a little tag, but I am too sheepish to submit it.  (Have you seen all those fantastic submissions!!!)  But I will share it with you.  :)


 
 I used cute snowflake stamp from Stampendous! & a paper punch from Martha Stewart.

Thanks so much for stopping by & have a wonderful week.

Happy Crafting!
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment