Thursday, April 3, 2014

Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges- Memory Files

Howdy Everyone!

Can you believe that it's April ALREADY?!  I'm trying to figure out where March went!

Well, today I am sharing my design team project for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges.  The challenge this time is "Anything Goes," so I took the opportunity to play with some new goodies.  I recently bought some Heidi Swapp Memory Files and these are great for packing in lots of pictures.  So I must warn you that this post is picture heavy.  Oh, and I apologize for the dull pictures.  It's been raining off and on, which makes for gray photos. :(  So let's begin. :D

This is the cover of the Memory File.  It's so beautiful on its own, so I only added a few embellishments.

Inside I added 2 smaller Memory Files by stitching them together.


Here is the blank cover of the inside files.

Then I used 6x12 pattern papers to create my own "Foto Stack."



This gives you extra space for pictures and embellishments. 

Here are the decorated small memory file cover and "Foto Stack."  I used a border punch on some of the layers of the stack.

Here are some of the inside pages:



I also stitched a transparency inside the memory file for some journaling space.

Wondering how many pictures I was able to pack into the Memory File?
All these plus 7 more. :D  I have been treasuring these pictures of loved ones for a long time.  Some of these "babies" are already in high school & college!!  A certain one is already a FATHER himself!!!  Time definitely flies by.
(Supplies: Memory Files- Heidi Swapp, pattern paper- Pink Paislee, Heidi Swapp, Fab Scraps, Prima, & scraps from my stash; stamps- Hero Arts, Stampendous!, Fiskars, Papertrey Ink, Stampede; twine- We R Memory Keepers; punches- Martha Stewart; stickers- Stella Rose & Karen Foster; rub-on letters; ink- black & brown; machine stitching; photo corners)

I'm so glad that I have all these baby/kid pictures in one place now.  So what will you create for this challenge?  Give it try and go check out the awesome projects my teammates did here.  Well, I appreciate you hanging out with me for a bit today.

Happy Crafting,
Angie

1 comment: