Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cool thoughts & Gift Wrapping

Howdy Y'all!

Feeling hot, hot, HOT.  The sun continues to blaze & burn here.  So if I can't have cool weather, I might as well think cool thoughts.  :)  And my recent stamp goodies help me do just that. 
For this card, I sponged the "ice pond" using Color Box Chalk Ink.  The penguin, snowflakes, & sentiment are all from Recollections.  And I love me a little sparkle, so I added blue glitter glue to the snowflakes.  The penguin's hat & ice skates were colored using watercolor pencils.  I used pop dots to adhere the picture to the card base.


Supplies: Recollections stamp set, chalk ink, glitter glue by Martha Stewart, watercolor pencils, sponge, pop dots.

Here is a simple little snow tag that uses the same snowflake stamp as the card.  The center stamp is also from Recollections.

 
 
 
 

Ok, now on to the gift wrapping.  One of my dear friends asked if I could decorate a little basket for a bridal shower.  The bride-to-be's favorite color is brown.  And I've had this brown ribbon for YEARS, so now I can finally use it. 

 
For the tag, I used a paisley pattern paper & stamped it using American Crafts wedding collection set.  I also stamped the tissue paper with the same stamp as the tag & added gold dots.
 
 
Supplies: Fabric Fancies flowers, Sheer Creations ribbon, paisley pattern paper, gold & black ink, American Crafts Wedding Stamp set.  Others: glue gun, glue dots, pencil eraser (for the dots)
 
Thanks for hanging in there through this long post.  I appreciate your company. :)
 
Happy Crafting,
Angie 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment